They say write what you know and if there are two things I know it would be shopping and skincare! Today in honor of Amazon Prime Day I’ll talk about shopping at Amazon. If you are one of those people that loves that “Christmas in July” feeling, Prime Day is probably one of your favorite days of summer. I love Prime day. In case you haven’t noticed I’m a big lover of Amazon in general. Some of my favorite items can be seen here: https://whimsyandwisdom.com/my-favorite-gadgets/ In fact, I have some deals for you at the bottom of this post.
Christmas in July is bigger than ever. Hallmark and Lifetime networks get in on the action by airing some of their Holiday TV specials and HSN and QVC both have Christmas in July specials. Always one to be prepared, I was actually just shopping for my company Holiday party gift.
To take advantage of Amazon Prime first you need to be prime member. Everyone I know already is one, and who wouldn’t be? With your membership you get:
- FREE 2 day shipping on all of your prime purchases
- FREE same day delivery if you live in a larger metro area
- FREE 2-Hour Delivery on thousands of items. This came in super handy when I was sick.
- FREE No-Rush Shipping: If you don’t mind getting regular shipping you get rewarded!
- Prime Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes My favorite Prime shows are “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”, “Mozart in the Jungle”, “Orphan Black”, and they have added “Flight of the Conchords”, “Justified” and “Psych” if you missed those on HBO or USA.
- Amazon Channels: Watch your favorite shows and movies from HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ channels — no cable required!!!
- Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs.
- Prime Wardrobe: Prime Wardrobe is a Prime-exclusive program where you can try before you buy. You get seven days to try-on the items at home and you will only be charged for the items you decide to keep. Just like Stitch fix, but without the monthly membership fee.
You also get Prime Pantry and Amazon Fresh, which again is very handy when you’re sick, a Prime Reading lending library which included items from Audible, and 5% back at Whole Foods.
For a free trial or to sign up go to https://amzn.to/2ujx7VB
If you have college students (or are one) you can get 50% off Prime with this link: https://amzn.to/2Jn22VJ
AND…if you would rather pay $5.99/month instead of the yearly fee click this link: https://amzn.to/2ul7d3S
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)